Thermoguard Asbestos Encapsulating Smoke & Flame Retardant Coat seals rigid, sound asbestos in
locations within buildings which are not subject to mechanical damage, concealed or are difficult to
access. Also used to seal isolated asbestos fibres remaining after primary asbestos removal has
taken place. Effectively prevents the release of asbestos fibres into the atmosphere by encapsulating
them. Permanently bonds residual asbestos fibres, after primary removal, to the surface to which
they are attached or upon which they lay.
This product is available in 12m² or 50m² pack sizes.
These tins allow sufficient product to apply the required 2 coats to the stated areas.
So, a 12m² pack should be used to apply 2 coats to 12m² and a 50m² pack should be used to apply 2
coats to 50m².
See further application and spreading rate details below.
• Internal wall panels
• Top and underside of ceiling panels
• Rigid internal ducts or pipework
• External wall sheets, fascia or soffits
• BS EN Class B s1 dO and Class O on bare or painted non-combustible surfaces.
A sealer coating based upon a unique, highly adhesive resin, highly plasticised for outstanding
fexibility to withstand normal movement within a building and to the components within a building.
Incorporates Flame Retardant, Smoke and flaming droplet suppressing compounds. Water based,
solvent free, low odour.
Colour & Apperance
• Matt or Eggshell
• 4000+ colours from RAL, BS & NCS
Application & Spreading Rate
• Apply 2 coats. First coat should be thinned 10% with water and applied at 10m² per litre.
Second coat should be applied undiluted at 10m² per litre.
• Apply by brush, roller, or low pressure HVLP spray
• For ease coating inaccessible areas use extension arm on the spray unit or roller on
• Ensure a continuous film has been created
• Ensure surfaces are dry
• Clean surfaces* where practical
• Avoid application when condensation may form
Health & Safety
*Any required cleaning should be with a minimum type H vacuum cleaner or manual cleaning in a
wet / washing process, followed by wiping off with damp rags, to avoid release of asbestos fibres
into the atmosphere. Surfaces cleaned in this manner must be allowed to dry thoroughly before
Avoid the use of blow heaters or fans and limit air movement until Thermoguard Asbestos
Encapsulating Coat system has been applied & dried.
Wear disposable full-body hooded overalls, plastic shoe covers, plastic gloves, goggles & sealed mask
with fine dust particle filters. Wash mask and goggles after use. Dispose of filters gloves, shoe covers
and disposable overalls and any cleaning rags after each work session into sealed containers.
Dispose of in an approved facility.
Further guidance available from HSE.
Thermoguard provide a Fire Certificate for non-combustible surfaces after confirmation of